Maryland Opioid Settlement Funds
Total Settlement Funds in Maryland
- $395 million
- 15% to the State through Opioid Restitution Fund
- 60% to the Abatement Accounts Fund
- 25% to local governments
- Funds from three distributors will be paid over 18 years
- Funds from Johnson & Johnson will be paid over 9 years
- Payments were expected to begin in April 2022
- State and local governments were expected to begin receiving funds in the second quarter of 2022
- Not established
Spending So Far
- Office of the Attorney General Brian E. Frosh, 410-576-6300
How About Your County?
To get a quick overview of the resources available in your county, including gaps that may need to be addressed, visit the Recovery Ecosystem Index Map developed through a partnership between the Fletcher Group Rural Center Of Excellence, the NORC Walsh Center at the University of Chicago, and East Tennessee State University.
This web page is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $13.7 million with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government.